Sunday, July 13, 2014

An Article from Green Positive Nanny: Why Do We Judge Others?

Green Positive Nanny Host Munni Irone pens a very powerful article entitled " Why Do We Judge Others?" The piece presents a powerful approach in our perceptions of others.
 
 
 
 
WHY DO WE JUDGE OTHERS

We all have the tendency of judging others the way they look and we forget ourselves. We have an image of ourselves in our minds; this is because we hear our adults' attitudes, behavior,  and situations that they commented on as we grow up. This is interpreted as nornmal. As an adult, we need to come out of the box and break the wall behind which we live and take responsibility of  our actions and choices.
How about pointing fingers towards ourselves, you think we can become better human?
I have talked to individuals with from all different races and ethnicites and socio-economic statuses.
I owned a vocational school and taught adults for 32 years. I used to make sure each student took partners with different races and backgrounds. Below, was there responses:
  Student: "Ms, Munni I don't speak her language, can I sit with my friend who speaks my language."
My response: "That is so great now you have a new international friend and get to know your new friend."
Student: "I have nothing in common with him/her".
My response: "Yes you do- We all have the same religion with different beliefs. You can talk about their family, travel, food, habits, ask questions about their culture. Stay away from discussing believes and politics."
The world would be so limited if we were all had the same beliefs and religion. Lord has created this diversity to see how tolerant and good humans we can be. Thus will be test  of our character on this Earth. I changed their thinking.
In the morning, I started my class saying good morning in different languages and everyday they shake their neighbors hand warmly and say good morning in their language. This act brought positive energy in my school.
I have taught students  that came out of jail, handicapped, abused, students with ADD, drug and smoking addictions. They became more balanced and happier. They continued to come back to my school and visit because my school felt like "home".
I noticed  mystudents became such good friends. I  learned one Chinese student hadthe same personality like another African American student that graduated. If the teachers are reading, they will agree with me.
 I suggest business owners follow the same mentality. In doing so, it helps unite cultures, lessen prejudices and promotes a healthy workplace.
To be free from prejudice, we need to come out of our box and be aware of how much work we need to do to become a good person. And finally, one must have a belief in the Lord in all actions of our lives.
We are here on this Earth for a certain amount of time. Do we want to be remembered as a good human being or a bad human being?
I believe there is goodness in all humans.  We come from the same Lord and the environment of this world can corrupt us. We need to keep this in our minds.

 LIVE IN THE MOMENT AND STAY HAPPY!

 When you feel sorry for yourself find Lord in any institution of your preference. You can visit a mortuary, workout, swim,  or talk to a positive friend. You are more than welcome to send me an e-mail for any additional support you may need!

 This is what it means to live a holistic and positive life!

 Love
Munni Irone

No comments:

Post a Comment